Monday, August 18, 2014

MRI

OK, so about a month ago, I appear to have sprained my right knee.  It is not getting better.  Get the results on Wednesday.

When I was about halfway to Cton, I got to thinking what the heck am I going to do with Brooklyn.  Probably should have left her home.  Technician was fine with her sitting in the control area.  I took her to a dim corner.  Put her in, SIT.....DOWN ....STAY and she did! She changed positions from laying in an upright position, to Brooklyn sawing some zzzz's in a sidewise laying Down. She snoozed through the whole thing.

My knee HURTS.  And I am peeved because I was getting active.  Walking is encouraged for exercise, so the orthopedist says stay off of it.  I have been happy.  I have time to have fun. I have been playing with, exercising, and teaching my dog.  I took her to Witcher park today.  It is fenced so I can take her off her leash. She can run and fetch and play, we just need to stay in the outfield where there is grass.  At least for a while the football field is off limits.  It is highly desirable due to proximity, but I am not real interested in being on the receiving end of a lecture by whoever keeps that field so pretty.

I am working with her to see if we can master "go get the phone."  Lots of times I just don't know where I have set it down.  What if the battery was out?  So I am trying to see if she can generalize from one activity (Frisbee) to retrieving the phone.  So far.... The Frisbee is more fun.  They had phones and wallets and all kinds of stuff on the campus during our training.  I am not sure if the dogs were trained to ignore them or rescue them.  That could have a big effect on this training I am doing now.

Brooklyn gets a gold star for being SO well behaved at the doc's.  I probably get a red star fron being an inadequate trainer".  Must go reread training guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment